Please Read Carefully
• An in-home consultation is required, prior to reservations, for ALL NEW Clients
• All bookings must be made at least 24 hours before service start date
• Bank Holidays may incur additional fees which you will be advised of at the time of booking
• In the event of cancellations that are notified to us 2 days prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non-refundable deposit, will be refunded, or be held over for subsequent bookings.
• All bookings cancelled within 24 hours will be payable in full, unless in exceptional circumstances (i.e. bereavement in the family).
• If Yorkshire Meow cannot provide the service agreed, we will do our best to arrange an alternative, unless in extreme circumstances, where we will endeavor to give 24 hours notice.
• Yorkshire Meow’s standards are strongly based on Animal Welfare Act 2006 ensuring that the welfare needs of the animals are met. Pet owners have a duty of care to make sure that the welfare needs of their pets are met. Pet owners must provide a standard of care that meet certain criteria for that type of animal’s welfare such as providing a suitable environment and living quarters where the animal can exhibit normal behaviour patterns, providing suitable diet with constant access to fresh water and protected from suffering, disease and pain.
• It is the client’s obligation to provide the pet sitter with all the correct information regarding their pet and home.
• In the event that additional items need to be purchased in the absence of the client – i.e. pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well-being of your pet, the pet service provider will purchase these, retain receipt and the pet owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items on their return.
• All animals have to be vaccinated.
• Elderly pets and those on medication should be checked by a vet before being cared for by Yorkshire Meow.
• Yorkshire Meow will follow instructions to administer medication as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result.
• We will take your pet to the veterinary surgery if we suspect any sickness or injury, the client will be responsible for the cost of the vet treatment.
• All pets must be treated for parasites, if the pet is found to have fleas while in our care, it will be taken to the veterinary surgery for treatment. The client will be responsible for the cost of treatment and will also be charged a £10 flea fee by Yorkshire Meow.
• Under no circumstances will Yorkshire Meow service any pet that has any form of active contagious illness.
• If a sitter is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
• Yorkshire Meow will not be liable for any damage caused to the client’s house by their pet.
• Yorkshire Meow will not use negative reinforcements or punishments.
• We recommend that cats are held indoors whilst in our care so we can ensure their health and safety.
• Yorkshire Meow will obtain a copy of your front and back door keys during the in-home consultation. The key will be held by the pet sitter and will be coded for security and kept securely.
• Your keys will be kept in a secured lock system and are coded for your protection.
• Pet sitters will not leave your keys inside your property.
• The client will have to provide details of any other key holders or anyone who will have access to their home during the booking, including cleaners, family and friends.
• Yorkshire Meow does not accept any liability for other persons who will be in your home prior, during or after our services have been rendered.
• It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that services of Yorkshire Meow have been engaged.
• Please inform us of any changes regarding your pets, contact numbers, your pet’s care needs, your emergency contact details and other information.
• All of your information will be kept private and confidential.
• All of our records will be stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998
• Clients who no longer wanting to use our service will have their details destroyed.
• Yorkshire Meow has valid insurance for the peace of mind of its clients.
• The insurance only covers Yorkshire Meow for the duration of the selected service and only for services agreed.
• It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
• Yorkshire Meow will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, we cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
• Yorkshire Meow will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste. For cat litter trays we do request that you provide all necessary items such as scooper, cat litter and plastic bags and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of. The same for any other home based animal.
• Yorkshire Meow does not accept any responsibility or liability for any clients animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise when instructed to leave the client’s animals in a fenced area or in premises that contain an unlocked cat flap.
• Yorkshire Meow will clean up after your pets to the best of their ability. Please inform us of any designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies.
• We will not be responsible for any carpet/flooring stains created by your pets.
• We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels and bin bags.
• If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, we will charge a reasonable fee for clean up time.
• In the event of a household emergency, your emergency contact will be contacted to arrange any remedial work.
• We will not open or close any windows during our visit so please ensure all windows are locked and secure before you leave.
• Your thermostat setting should be left within a normal comfortable range, if the house temperature is outside of this range we will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet.
• Yorkshire Meow carefully schedules our time to serve you and our other clients, therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes to pet care. In the event that the client is delayed on return, they must inform the Yorkshire Meow immediately, and we will use our best endeavors to make alternative arrangements for continued cover, this may incur a further charge.
• The client must contact Yorkshire Meow as soon as they return home. We will continue to visit the property and care for your pets until the client has confirmed that the animals are now in their care. Clients will be charged the full daily rate for any unnecessary additional visits made.
• Yorkshire Meow accepts cash and bank transfer.
• A 50% non refundable deposit of the total sum is payable to Yorkshire Meow at the time of booking.
• The remaining balance is due no later than 7 days after the last day of service.
• Where services are required long term, the client may make payments on a monthly basis.
• Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements, and a cancellation fee will be payable.
• Non payments as well as late payments of the fees means a curtailment of the contract.